My photo
Writer/Editor/Blogger

Friday, December 28

The Other Side of the Gender Wall

Are men so hungry for sex that they can stoop so low? We (yes, I would include myself too because I am tired of compartmentalizing people) kill baby girls because of their gender, have a tight leash around our women "for their safety" and choke them for their own good.

I have grown up in a family where "conversation" means if I am on my way home, whom I am with, if I am safely home and requests to my husband to control my whereabouts as if I am on the other side of the law. People who cause the distress, the pain, the agony to innocent lives have the freedom to roam the streets, but innocent bystanders need to cull their freedom  to be safe. What's the point of safety if you can't live the way you want to? That ways, Tihar jail inmates and safer than any of us.

Men who cause the agony to women to literally quench their thirst are more protected than the women who stand up for their rights. Do you think the Delhi Gang Rape case has stopped other men from other parts of the country from raping other women? In our society, women are taught to shut and dress up and men are taught to stand up - for right and wrong (pun intended).

I do not belong to a society where it's a woman's fault to to get raped for wearing what she wants to. Do you? Don't you think there's something called control? Do you think sexually hungry men have the right to rape a naked woman walking down a street, forget about being immodestly dressed?

And lastly, as a woman, it's my decision when I walk out of home and where I go. That is not licence to misbehave with me or rape me.

No comments: