My photo
Writer/Editor/Blogger

Wednesday, February 2

Where I am from where I was

It has been a while my wings were clipped. I believed in people I should have believed in and have suffered. Losing my freedom this time around feels like losing my virginity- can't have it back. It's choking.

But I am writing this post for the positive things that have happened to me in the last few years and the one that stands out the most is financial independence. Yes, I never thought it would matter so much, but somehow it does. It has given me the power to say "no" and decide what I want and don't want rather than what I can afford and can't afford.

Another thing that has happened to me is my ability to look into the future. I was someone who used to live by the moment and I assure you I miss that side of mine. Now whatever I do, I think about the days that haven't come yet.
   
I'm still looking for a place I can call home and accept from the bottom of my heart. I thought it was Bangalore but as it turns our my relationship with the city didn't really work out and we parted on a sweet note.

Next stop is for me to find out what I really want to do in the long term and where I really want to stay. My house is Kolkata will always be there for me to lodge but still don't consider it home. Is it something I should consciously feel or should it come naturally?

No comments: