My photo
Writer/Editor/Blogger

Sunday, April 3

An answer

Yes we Indians won the Cricket World Cup. But it feels more than that.

My generation is probably the most questioned amongst the lot. And when I say my generation, I mean all of us who have our own personal way of doing things. We believe in going with the moment, working hard because we like to and just living the moment- something that is misinterpreted by most of the other generations. And we react the exact same way the Indian team did- we just do what you have to, the questions get answered when the results show.

Yesterday's world cup win has been iconic for me personally. Eleven men worked their way to make the country's dream come true and inside me a little bulb lit up. There was a thought cloud over my head which got filled with words so quickly that it was hard for me to keep up. All my dreams, aspirations, wants, desires, everything looked achievable.

Friends, who have been around me for the last few years know that I have been mindlessly running away from a dream I created when I was growing up. When everyone around me was giving exams and trying to get good scores to make it big in life, I found peace and freedom in the gym, where drops of sweat meant the world to me. My body was my temple and becoming a trainer, a dream. I threw it all away because I tried to please people who's thoughts mattered (and still do).

But it's time I should wake up and realise that I need to do what I have to do. A world cup win inspiring me to do what I want to do- I can't help if it sounds too far fetched. And considering an obese, acne ridden woman writing this post, it's a lot of hard work to do. I have 4 years to fetch my dream. I'll come back to the post again.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Gargi Majumdar said...

Oh great! I wish you luck and providence. Stay cool and stay focused. :)