My photo
Writer/Editor/Blogger

Wednesday, November 9

The year that was

A lot has changed in my life and thankfully the changes are good. While life took a sharp turn when I made a move to the city of dreams (Mumbai) in May, I can feel the changes that have happened to me as a person. I have gone from being a nagging "nothing's happening" kind of a person to someone who can take charge and change things she doesn't like. 2011 has been a fabulous year for me. The experiences, good and bad, have created the person I would like to remain for the rest of my life.

Life saw an equal amount of ups and downs this year. While some people chose to leave my humble abode, I had to let go of the most precious person I had in life. He made his share of mistakes and so did I and there is only so much two people can do to make things work. With affection and positive vibes still alive, we decided to call it quits. It's a chapter that ended in life and a chapter I can never regret. I can never hate the man I loved so dearly for so many years, but I can't love what he has become anymore. I miss him and always will.
Wonderfully though, I am not alone in life. Just when I got "single" (in Facebook style) and there was no one beside me, my first ever best friend walked in with his arms wide open after 20 years. I am sure most people think I am making a jump from one stone to the other, but I can't deny the feelings that have developed and the commitment that has brewed in the short time that we have communicated. I am in love and very proud of it. With wedding bells around the corner, life seems to be going somewhere I am really looking forward to. Just as quickly and beautifully 2011 started, the year seems to be ending beautifully too.

In Mumbai, I have made friends, have met people who think like me and I can go back home and tell people that I am not weird like they have been claiming for so long. With a tattoo firmly in place reminding me of Her with me all the time, I am ready to take on life once again... bring it on.

4 comments:

anjana pradhan said...

a well written and an honest piece. there's so much of feelings in this write-up...you've kept your feelings intact yet flowing. keep writing!
best,
anjana

Debosmita said...

Hey, good to know that this year has been such an eventful one for you. The post was honest and true to heart and reading it was a pleasure. Many congratulations and best wishes for a life-long blissful 'association' ;-) May god bless both of you.
Cheers

Voice said...

As always expected from you, I like the honesty & open expression of the blog. 'Moving on' without guilt & blame is the mantra of today's existence and is depicted nicely.

Reine de mots said...

Really fresh and honest