My photo
Writer/Editor/Blogger

Friday, February 11

Hosni Mubarak has stepped down. Youth empowerment in progress

I am an Indian and though this doesn't affect me in anyway directly, but it did bring tears to my eyes when Hosni Mubarak finally stepped down. As part of a generation hardly taken seriously, the entire movement has left me feeling empowered with a possibility of being heard amongst the thousands of the old generation who think we are nothing about seriousness, are not politically aware and are simply just Internet addicted. Internet addiction for some, paid off.

Youth Empowerment. It's possible
It is the world of technology and you can't change that or stop that in any way. As a woman who earns her bread from the Internet, I can only say one thing: it is a medium. A beautiful medium that helps all of us connect.

For so long Egyptians tried to speak about their frustrations and it finally was heard on Facebook and Twitter from where thousands walked the streets in want of a better life, a better country and a better future.

Should I feel inspired by the Egyptian revolution? I don't know, because I am a part of a democracy and have voting privileges to change the government every few years. But somehow, I feel there is a need for a movement in my state (WB) as well. How much ever we love our state and city, it is an undeniable fact that we are lagging behind other states and cities in my own country.

Speaking of country, it is high time that the political system be run by youngsters, not people with receding hairlines and sagging skin. The only way to change anything is by realising that it can be changed. I want to thank the Tunisian and Egyptian youth to have paved a path for this generation. Thank you for giving this generation the confidence that we can be heard.

Hosni Mubarak has stepped down.

No comments: