My photo
Writer/Editor/Blogger

Sunday, March 6

India vs Ireland: Grand!

After Ireland beat our colonisers, I had honestly given up hope about today's India vs Ireland match! It was more like I wanted India to win but all logic told me that the Irish will.

Then when I watched the match, India was coming on top and my hope was becoming a surety that India might just prove me wrong and that the England vs Ireland match result was just a fluke.

But then there came the scores 10/1, 29/2 and 88/3 and my might started thinking again, was I celebrating a little too early? Well, my father did mention that Ireland has brought a strong team to the World Cup this year. I personally was depending on India's experience in 20:20 matches that has helped them believe that oodles of runs are possible in lesser overs (but then, without wickets!).

Well, the end of the India vs Ireland match was a happy ending as far as I'm concerned. I am starting to believe that there is chance our team might come out in the top. But this was just India vs Ireland; the real deal are the matches against Australia and Pakistan.

No comments: